Welcome to the St. Catherine’s website
St Catherine’s is situated in the heart of the Centenary Suburbs in South West Brisbane. We actively seek to celebrate our life with God, care for our community, grow in our relationship with God and each other, and share the life and love that Jesus brings.Public Services & Other Activities Update from November 4 on
We follow the current guidelines of the Queensland Government and Diocese regarding restrictions and safety precautions relating to COVID-19. As these requirements are subject to change quite often, be assured that we are up to date with the advice and take all measures to ensure your visit to the church premises is as safe as possible.
Announcements will be made during worship services to remind people of current requirements.
A few notes follow that may assist
- If unwell - please stay away, even if mildly so.
- Face masks - please always carry one with you so that if the current regulations require that you wear one, you will have one.
- Checking in - It is a Queensland Government requirement that before entering the church premises you use the ‘Check In Qld’ app and the QR code that is displayed around the entrances to the Church. People will be around to assist you or if you do not have a smart phone, they will be able to check you in.
- Hand sanitiser – available at the doors. Please use before entering.
- “Vulnerable people” as determined by the Dept. of Health, should follow the advice given by them. The decision to attend the church premises ultimately rests with the person in the vulnerable group.
During services: Communion will be under one kind (sharing the host only); the greeting of peace will not include hugs or handshakes; a collection plate and the Donation Tap Point facilitiy will be available at the church entry rather than being passed around.
Morning tea –served after both the 7am and 9am Sunday services, when regulations allow. Please join us!
How Masks Work (for the curious)
St Catherine's Virtual Church
Head to the Readings & Sermon page for this weeks services, readings, and Father John's sermon including activities for children.
Come and visit us!! Google Maps